Analog/Mixed-Signal CAD Software Engineer/Linux Systems Administrator
- Primary responsibilities:
- Develop CAD tools to support analog/mixed-signal simulation, schematic and layout entry, analysis, and verification.
- Write scripts and utilities to automate design flows.
- Maintain up-to-date technology files and verification decks.
- Provide CAD support and methodology training to design engineering team.
- Write application notes and document CAD processes.
- Secondary responsibilities:
- Perform Linux system administration, including performing hardware/software upgrades, enhancements, and configuration changes when needed.
- Configure and maintain servers, workstations and printers.
- Enforcing CAD system administration policies.
- Website development and support.
- BSEE required, MSEE preferred with 5+ years experience in software development.
- Strong understanding of CAD tool design and algorithms.
- Strong understanding of industry standard CAD tools.
- Understanding of analog/mixed-signal CMOS IC design and devices, particularly at 90nm processes technologies and below.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly root cause and resolve software and methodology problems in a team environment preferred.
- Proficient in C and C++ as primary software development languages, and Perl, sh, and csh as additional development languages.
- Proficient in Verilog and VHDL.
- Proficient with Linux systems and system administration.
- Understanding of HTML programming and website administration.
- Ability to work efficiently as a part of team as well as independently.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
- Good documentation and follow up skills.