Analog/Mixed-Signal Design Engineer
- Primary responsibility: develop analog/mixed-signal hard macros using proprietary CAD flows.
- Participate in customer requirements discussions.
- Create design specifications.
- Perform circuit design in 180nm to 7nm CMOS processes technologies.
- Create behavioral models in Verilog.
- Set-up, run and analyze circuit simulations.
- Perform IC layout and verification (DRC/LVS).
- Perform quality assurance procedures on developed hard macros.
- Deliver hard macros and support customer integration and testing.
- Perform silicon characterization and prepare silicon verification reports.
- Perform other engineering duties as needed.
- MSEE required, Ph.D. preferred with 5+ years experience in mixed-signal IC design, with emphasis on analog design.
- Experience with several analog/mixed-signal IC development cycles including design, simulation, layout and testing.
- Knowledge of differential ring oscillators, LC tank oscillators, bandgap references, biasing techniques, high speed frequency divider circuits, and linear feedback system techniques is a plus.
- Experience with transistor level design, block level integration, and block level simulation.
- Understanding of simulation models, design rules, verification
procedures (DRC/LVS/ERC), and transistor-level simulations is
- Experience with design practices such as minimizing device mismatch, noise, and signal coupling is a plus.
- Knowledge of process technology and physics related to sub-micron CMOS silicon technologies.
- Experience with simulation tools required to efficiently simulate analog/mixed-signal circuits.
- Experience with CAD tools, Linux/Unix environments and scripting/programming.
- Knowledge of differential ring oscillators, LC tank oscillators,
bandgap references, high speed current mirrors, ESD protection, dead
zone minimizing phase/freq detectors, high speed frequency divider
circuits, and linear feedback system techniques is a plus.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with customers, sales, marketing and field applications.
- Proven experience in developing and meeting engineering schedules.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
- Good experimentation skills and technique.
- Good documentation and follow up skills.
- Hands on engineering.
- Team oriented.
- Project leadership experience is a plus.